To exemplify the Christian Faith and life in overseeing and implementing the daily lesson and guide interactions to provide a safe, Christian environment. Responsible for supervising and teaching children ages six weeks to kindergarten-ready. Implement each day’s lesson plan and daily schedule effectively with children, families, and other staff members.
- Exemplify the Christian faith in Word and Sacrament and demonstrate a passion for working with children in developing their Christian education.
- Demonstrate the ability and have a desire to provide care for children that attends to each child’s spiritual, physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development.
- Sufficient skills and qualifications to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Be at least 18 years of age and have some experience caring for children.
- Complete a background check with no record of child abuse or neglect.
- Interested applicants must submit application, resume, and references to the Director of Divine Shepherd Lutheran School.
- If interested in the applicant and after references are contacted, the Director and available School Board members will complete a formal interview with the applicant.
- Upon completion of the interview, the Director and the School Board will review applicant information and determine a decision.
- Upon a final decision, applicant must complete background checks and provide any necessary paperwork (immunizations, diplomas, etc.) to the Director within a stated time period. Fees for background checks will be paid by the school. The start date will be conditional based on the approval of background check.
- The Director and the School Board will establish pay and start date. Each new employee will be on a three-month probation period with an evaluation at the end of that time. Probation may be extended an additional three-months if needed.