The Seventh Commandment
You shall not steal.
What does this mean?
We should fear and love God so that we do not take our neighbor’s money or possessions, or get them in any dishonest way, but help him to improve and protect his possessions and income.
Memory Work, verse 4
Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.
- How is ”selfish ambition and conceit” contrary to the 7th commandment?
How did Jesus humble himself?
What does it mean to live a humble life?
With the 7th commandment in mind what does it mean to “look after the interests of other”?
Catechism questions are from the 2017 CPH addition. Questions in older catechisms might be numbered differently or may not be in certain questions.
Zacchaeus was stealing taxes from the people. What change did Jesus cause in Him?
LSC p 105As Christians, we ________ in and look after the ____________ that
God has given us and our neighbor for the support of his _____________.
How is the 7th commandment broken?
Instead of stealing what does this verse direct the thief to do?
What are 5 ways you can help to protect and care for the earthly goods of my neighbor?
- Commandments 7-10 all have a common theme. That common theme is mentioned in 1 Timothy 6:6 and 1 Timothy 6:8. What is it?
- What is the root of all evil?
- What other commandments does this root of all evil break?
How does it cause us to break the other commandments?
- What kind of things do you steal?