- From the very beginning when God created everything, we see Him laying the groundwork for marriage. What word does Adam use for Eve that is marriage language?
a. What gender is Adam?
b. What gender is Eve?
c. Fill in the blanks Genesis 1:27 “ So ________ created _______ in His own image, in the image of ________ He created him; _______ and ________ He created them.
- In Genesis chapters 1 and 2 there are two reasons God brings a wife to Adam What are they?
Matthew 19:6 is part of this week’s memory work.
6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”
- How long are a man and a woman to stay married to each other?
- Does God say Divorce is OK?
- Why or why not?
- Why did Moses command to give a certificate of divorce?
- What reason did Jesus give for a divorce to proceed?
- Can you commit adultery if you are not married? If you answered yes please explain. Instead of divorce list 3 things a married couple can do to make their marriage better.
Memory work verse: Hebrews 13:4
Let marriage be held in honor among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for God will judge the sexually immoral and adulterous.
- What does “Let the marriage be held in honor among all” mean?
- What does it mean to “let the marriage bed be undefiled”?
- Define these words:
- Sexually immoral