Important Message from the Divine Shepherd Leadership Team
Dear members of DSLC,
Pastor Sturzenbecher was recently in contact with a person while performing his pastoral duties that was later determined to be infected with Coronavirus. Immediately upon learning that he had been exposed to the virus he self-isolated at home based on health professional recommendation. He will remain at home until June 10th. Other people who may have come in contact with Pastor between his possible exposure and his self-isolation are considered “tertiary” or second level contacts. Based on health care professional advice we have been informed that these persons rarely contract the virus.
Nevertheless, the leadership of Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church have taken the following precautions until further notice:
- The church will be closed until June 7th. A visiting pastor will take Pastor Sturzenbecher’s place on the 7th.
- The church will be completely sanitized before the 7th.
- The ECC will be closed until June 8th. It too will undergo a complete sanitization.
- Wednesday evening activities are cancelled until June 17th.
- Beginning June 7th, members attending worship are strongly encouraged to wear masks. Pastor and the Elders will wear masks during communion as well as gloves for distribution of the elements.
- At the close of worship Pastor will go outside the church to greet members. All members are asked to immediately exit the building.
- Children’s sermons are suspended until further notice.
These changes adhere to CDC guidelines and are being implemented to minimize everyone’s exposure to the virus at DSLC. We understand that this is not an easy time for many of you and yet we also know members desire to worship and receive the Holy Communion. Hopefully these steps will allow those who desire to participate in worship to feel safe at Divine Shepherd.
Please check the website at www.divineshep.org for periodic updates. And finally, please continue to pray for our church and school staff, and all our members during these unusual times.
God Bless you,
Divine Shepherd Leadership Team
Learning about God's Gifts
Start your morning with devotions by Pastor Randy Sturzenbecher!